Monday 24 September 2012

How To Make Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs Every Time!

As a young boy my grandmother would make me the perfect soft boiled eggs, every single time! I loved to dip my toast soldiers ( thin strips of hot buttered toast) in the yolk.  As I got older and began to cook for myself I would try to make the perfect soft boiled eggs for myself but I could never get it quite right. It was only a few years ago that I found out the perfect cooking method to make those perfect soft boiled eggs that my Grandmother used to make me. This works every single time without fail.



 How To Make The Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs

First of all, if you keep your eggs in the fridge then take them out about 20 - 30 minutes before cooking. This will prevent the cold shells cracking when they are in the hot water.

So, your eggs are now at room temperature. Fill your pot around 2/3 full with water and bring to the boil. Once the water is boiling, using a spoon, gently place the eggs in the boiling water and keep on a high heat for exactly one minute. After one minute remove the pot from the heat and put a lid on the pot. leave the eggs in the pot of hot water with the lid on for exactly five minutes. Quickly remove from the heat, place in an egg cup and slice the top of the eggs off, this will prevent them from cooking any more.serve with hot toast for the perfect breakfast. Enjoy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment